Need Advice (FSHHUB)

i have been reading a lot on filterless systems. my tank is about 99% complete. when would be a good time to convert to filterless? i do not have a live sand bed but cc and cs. i have about 25-30 lbs. of l/r. do i need more l/r? different lighting? do i just take all the media out of my cannister?
i know fshhub is experience in this so if you can get back to me on it i would appreciate it. ofcourse all others' opinions are greatly apprciated too!!! thanks

fishfood

are you going w/out a protien skimmer also?
I have cc and 55-70 lbs of lr with a skimmer. I do have a canaster to run carbon and phosguard as needed. thats about it

no i do not yet have a skimmer, i am waiting for the tank to fully cycle out, but i do plan on getting one soon. i have read that people run thier tank w/o any filtration, just l/r and l/s.

fshhub

tang said it "a while", and with cc and cs, i relly would reccommend a skimmer, instead of even a filter, but if you had a dsb, eventually you could even remove that(normally several months, like tang said it ddoes take a while, bu tmaybe not 5 yrs), but you may want to put this on the equipment forum, you may get more responses, LOL
disregard what i just said about more responses, i was jsut kidding(someone has typed that repeatedly over and over today, after event eh sharks have answered to help), about putting it somewhere else, but if youdo want more input, yes you could put it there, however, you know i will help as always, if i can

thanks guys and ofcourse fshhub (again). I was just curious, I am reading about it in the book "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist", great book by the way.
about posting in the equipment forum: i have posted there numerous times with no response at all, I gave up, they're snobby, lol. :D

fshhub

don't tell fish boy, he'll have a coronary, he thinks everything should go there lately, lol
and no prob