need advice on a skimmer for a 72gl tank

scottyc

it seems the euroreefs and asm skimmers are the best for the money. can you guys or gals reccomend what models would suit me best?? i have a 72 gl bowfont fowlr now but plan on adding some softies down the road.
ALSO,lol, i need powerhead advice. my lfs set me up with my tank but i think i need more. i have an emperor 400 filter and 1 aquaclear 402 ph. & seaclone 150. my rocks get very dirty, and when i blow them off with a turkey baster,quite regularly(once a week) it sends big white milky clouds into the water. dont i need more ph's?? maxi jets seem like a popular choice here, would 2mj 1200's plus my 402 be a good combo or others??
i ordered a wet/dry,its on ts way.
sorry for all the ?'s but i dont realy trust the advice my lfs has given so far.

djian

With your tank you want a total of 1440 gph of water movement. As far a protein skimmers. Most would recomend the best, but I would just stick with whats available at the LFS. You can find Blemished Euroreefs online for about $180. I think UV sterilizers would be a better buy than a PS. Best of luck to you my friend.
Ian:joy:

nicky1.8t

do your self a favor and buy a good skimmer. Down the road you will appreciate it. I would recomend a euro reef. A little on the pricey side but a great product, and really easy to set up. I believe that uv sterilizers are more for fish only, and not a reef. IT seems that you are working your way to a reef. hth

scottyc

thanks guys i canceled my wet/dry order at my lfs, im leaning toward the berlin sump & euroree/asm.