Need Anemone Info

kevin34

I really want to get a bubble tip for my true percs. preferably a rose bubble tip. Anything special I should know about these? I never really looked into their care too much. I know they need to be spot fed and need high lighting but thats about it. I have 2 250w MH lights over my tank so I think my lighting is fine. How big can they get? do they ship well if I were to order one online? how long should I acclimate it for? are they known for eating fish like carpet anemones are? and is it true that rose bubble tips tend to stay up where as other anemones move around a lot until they find a spot they like? any info is greatly appreciated. thanks

wangotango

BTAs aren't that difficult to care for, and as long as your params are stable you shouldn't have any problems. They don't need to be spot fed, but like a lot of things, will grow faster if you do. My GBTA is about 4" across and hasn't split yet.
Generally once they're settled they don't move, but when you first put it in the tank you might want to cover your powerheads with netting just in case.
-Justin