Need Feed Back Please !!!!!!!!

fpanther

Has anyone used a product called Reef Buggs Please leave good and bad feedback about the product , i want to use it for coral growth

fpanther

Notes: (from Tom Seavert, Carolina Reefs)
I like to think of this product as an instant Phytoplankton. It stores with very little effort and there is no need for all of the hassels of culturing your own Phyto. This product has shown impressive results in our tanks with the pod populations. If you want to increase your pod population, ie in your sump, you should really give this product a try.
You feed your fish RIGHT? Why not feed your corals. This product is AWESOME!! Your corals will open up and color up like you have never seen before. As the owner of CarolinaReefs I use this stuff all the time.
Reef Bugs™ contains twelve strains of edible, non - pathogenic marine microbes. They are not genetically modified. Instead they are selectively bred naturally occurring organisms. They are in an encysted spore state. They are packed dry in a matrix of minerals, vitamins, and carbohydrates that will enable hatching in about thirty minutes of being placed in typical reef aquarium water.
Reef Bugs™ yields particle sizes down to less than a micron and up to macroscopic particles. The individual living organisms are microscopic.
In the reef aquarium, previously not seen cryptic organisms are likely to appear with use of this product. Other creatures will show behaviors that indicate the taking in of the Reef Bugs™ aggregate. This is is a colorful and interesting time to observe your reef life. Feeding at night under artificial moonlights can produce results not seen before as well.
How to use Reef Bugs™ (from Marc Weiss)
A whole teaspoon (about 1.5 grams) could be used per hundred gallons a day in a “dialed in”, heavily stocked reef tank. I would start more conservatively, feeding one half teaspoon per day per 100 gallons daily. This has proved adequate and desirable as a starting application. As the mix of species as well as the quantity of the critters make each aquarium unique be conservative at first - the old axioms about overfeeding an aquarium should be remembered.
If excess is noted in the skimmer - you are probably using too much for the current bioload and decrease the portion by the wasted amount. Powerful skimming is likely to remove some before it is eaten even if the proper ration is fed. If none is found in the skimmer the ration can be increased. As critters grow, more Reef Bugs™ will be consumed.
Take a cup of aquarium water, put in the quantity of dry Reef Bugs™ as preferred, and stir. Stir again as often as you wish...but at least one more time after ten minutes to dissolve as thoroughly as reasonably possible. Stir again at thirty minutes (or more) and pour into aquarium. It all will soon dissolve.
Alternatively, just sprinkle into tank. It will take at least that twenty minutes for full effect though; usually ten minutes or so more. However undissolved particles my be eaten by a fish or some other non - target critter first. It is harmless to fishes etc. There are some results we are seeing that show that some organisms will consume the powder “raw”. I don’t know if this is of additional benefit; you may want to try it both ways.