need help deciding 72" light fixture

shane784

I have a 125 gallon I will need a light for. I know I want to upgrade to 3 AI Vega Colors in the future but I need something now to stall while saving up.
all suggestions please

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane784 http:///t/394665/need-help-deciding-72-light-fixture#post_3512803
I have a 125 gallon I will need a light for. I know I want to upgrade to 3 AI Vega Colors in the future but I need something now to stall while saving up.
all suggestions please
You don't have a lot of info here...
What are you going for in a reef tank?? Do you have a budget?
It could be as simple as getting a 72" fixture from the aquatrader website with a couple of T5's. Or on that same site you can get a 4 bulb fixture. They have combo units that have MH and T5's. Those cost more of course.
Shoot you could get 2 or 3 D120's (Chinese black box LED's). You could get just the blue and white, or some have full spectrum. Probably find them for $150.00 - $200.00 each unit.
Lots of folks are talking about people listing old Radion units (Gen 1) for way cheaper then they were purchased for (like half off or more).
Interested as to why you are saving up for the Vega's?? I am not knocking the choice at all but just curious as to why you decided on them.
What are you looking from in an LED light? High power? Dimmable? Thunderstorms? High price?

shane784

I don't really have a budget persay but I live paycheck to paycheck and I would like something that wouldn't take too long to get quickly. in my tank I want lots of zoas and lps and a few colorful Acroporas so I want something cheap and powerfull now without spending a lot to buy some time to save up for the vegas. which by the way I have decided on the vegas because the Color model has full spectrum and custom spectrum in their Pucks. I like how all 3 can be connected with the wireless remote also the are very sleek and low power and heat

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane784 http:///t/394665/need-help-deciding-72-light-fixture#post_3512811
I don't really have a budget persay but I live paycheck to paycheck and I would like something that wouldn't take too long to get quickly. in my tank I want lots of zoas and lps and a few colorful Acroporas so I want something cheap and powerfull now without spending a lot to buy some time to save up for the vegas. which by the way I have decided on the vegas because the Color model has full spectrum and custom spectrum in their Pucks. I like how all 3 can be connected with the wireless remote also the are very sleek and low power and heat
Cool.
I went with a full spectrum controllable fixture and like it a lot so far. It is an IT2080 made by Evergrow Lighting Co (China) sold by reefbreeders here in the US. I needed 2 units for my 125g. Cost under a grand. But those are similar to a Vega unit. If you want something to get you by check out aquatraders dot com. They have some low price options.