NEED HELP FAST...Anemone split??

jacknjill

i copied this from another post, but its accurate:
Anemones have zooanthallae which feeds them. It is what gives the anemone a healthy brownish tint. A white anemone is a dying anemone. There is no such thing as a healthy white anemone
what kind of lighting do you have?

edaw31

It is around 300 watts I believe. What do I need to do with this? Regardless of his color...His this a sign of dying or splitting?

blemmy_guy

probly spliting, but im not 100 % sure. just watch him closely for a few days, mine did the same thing. todd

T

thomas712

4 things come to mind when I look at this pic.
1. I've seen a similar sebae event, but don't remember where, I'll look around though.
2. I do not recall any post here or anywhere else that reports of a sebae splitting in captivity, but it must be possible.
3. I wonder if the crab in the anemone is simply causing it to contort in a strange way.
4. That sebae is really bleached, but this doesn't seem to be uncommon with this speices. When collected they seem to loose there zooxanthellae really easy. This is a rather moderatly difficult speices to try to keep, I would also suggest MH lighting. Broomer5 had one in a post where he showed the progress of it going from white(unhealthy) to a dark tan(Healthy). It took months
Of all the events with anemone splitting that has happend in my tank with BTA's has occured only at night with lights off.
You should know by moring if it was a splitting event.
Good luck
Thomas

psoup

You probably have some expierce wit anemones before you bye some(not that i'm saying you haven't):jumping:

biggedraws

From what ive been told when anenomies split they usually become bleached for a while so if it is splitting that could be why its white... I may be wrong just what ive heard

T

thomas712

Pale yes, bleached-as in lost all its zooxanthellae, not normally

edaw31

Just an update guys.. he is back to normal shape however he moved from directly under the lights on top of my overhang rock to directly under it on the substrate in the shaded area.

blemmy_guy

It was fine for the last couple months, then i bought a long tenticle anenomie and my cinamon clown , and i swear to this, pushed the anenomie like yours toward the new one, and the long tenticle killed it, it was crazy!! And i was so pissed, he killed 2 of my other anenomies.... all i have left now is the long tenticle and my carpet
Todd