Need help!! Fast please!

M

mhayes462

I got home today and noticed a red spot on my lobo and a little red dusting on the sand just below the spot. It looked like the flesh was receding too. I turned the coral around to get a good picture. The red on the sand just floated away. I already know its bleached, I bought it like that and have had it about a month. I feed it about every 2-3 days. I think I've heard of a flesh eating algae, is this it? What can I do to save it? I need help fast. I love this lobo and don't want to lose it.

Mike Hayes

S

siptang

Looks like that one is already gone... it's way bleached and looks like algae is growing on it... gosh i hope I'm wrong.. does tentacles come out still at night?

M

mhayes462

Yes, tentacles come out and it eats a lot. It was just mad at me for moving it for a better pic. It is usually fluffed up nice and the flesh has always been in real good shape except for the bleaching. Here's a better pic about ten min later from the other side

Mike Hayes

M

mhayes462

I've been doin a little research and think it may be brown jelly disease?
Mike Hayes

geoj

Yes, tentacles come out and it eats a lot. It was just mad at me for moving it for a better pic. It is usually fluffed up nice and the flesh has always been in real good shape except for the bleaching. Here's a better pic about ten min later from the other side

Mike Hayes When did it start bleaching?