Need Help Fast!!!!

fordsvt04

I have a 75 gal reef and it has been great for 1 year. Well now it wants to overflow. I have a CPR over floww 1400gph and a 1400 gph pump back up.... like I said worked great till now.... well now it seems as if the overflow does not want to take water out of the tank fast enough..... WHY? I have no sponge to get dirty and slow it down....Any Ideas???

tarball

Must be a air bubble trapped in the line between the overflow &
to the sump & cause the pump to overflow the DT.
Or maybe some type of debri in the overflow line to sump.

ameno

I have had snails crawl up in the overflow pipe and almost stop the flow. you may have to shut it down and check the line for any obstructions

fordsvt04

ok i will check for that i dont have snals in sump but i guess you never know..... imfsub12 my pump cant be clogged if its overflowing the DT

scsinet

2 things...
First, check your aqua lifter. Remove the air hose from the nip.ple on the top of the overflow. Stick the open end of the hose down into the tank and see if it pulls water through and squirts it out of the output hose. If not, you need a new aqualifter, or your hose is clogged with algae. Try replacing the hose, if that does not work, replace the lifter.
ANYONE with a CPR overflow should have at least one spare aqualifter on hand at all times.
Second, the nip.ple on the overflow may be clogged. Stick the end of a paperclip down into it and wiggle it around to clear out any algae, etc that's built up.

fordsvt04

air.... I shoved a air line up there hard and hooked up air lift to it and its better now. Thanks ANYONE know if menards or someone has those air connects to put into the top of my overflow to suck air out.. i had one but it snaped and had to cover it up....

fordsvt04

lol yea and thats what i was doing was cleaning the

[hr]
and when I took off the air hose it snapped... can I find that

[hr]
anywhere?