need help from all coralife R/O unit owners!

goinbroke

i have a coralife 3 stage 15gallon per day r/o unit. i also ave well water. my pressure sucks. on good days i can make 3 gallons of r/o!!!!
my lfs has a brand new coralife 4 stage r/o with pressure pump for $200. it's a demo supplier unit. it's missing a few parts on the side where the yellow supply line goes in.
my question is: is this a good deal? also, if anyone with this unit could take some close up pics of that end so i could see what parts are needed so i could call coralife would be GREAT!!!!
i'm ready to pull my hair out with my r/o unit. 3 gallons a day just dosnt cut it!
i really need some advise here on this one! not sure if it's worth buying it and getting parts or just buying a new one online......PLEASE HELP!

meowzer

NOT a good deal...I say this because I got a 5 stage ro/di unit for $135 with all its parts too...LOL
Look into airwaterice.com

plumber

Hi, You should have enough pressure to drive your system, I think there may be other problems not looking for work I may be able to help. Lets talk is pressure low everywhere?

plumber

What type of pump , jet or submersible. Type of well tank conventional or bladder with some simple answers I may be able to assist you

goinbroke

thanks plumber for your help!
my house is very old! i have a picture of it in 1880. i know it's older then that though. the well is original. it's actually in a pump house 120 feet away from the main house. it still has a big brass antique piston pump inside!
in the well i have a year old submersable pump. it pushes the water up hill all the way to my basement. there i have a pressure switch(just changed it. 30/50) and a 20gallon bladder tank.
my pressure isnt that bad. it's not great either!
i have my r/o unit in the basement close to where it comes into the house on the old washing machine hookup. i just about make 4.5gallons in 24hours.

plumber

Hi, Just got home looked at your pics, in my opinion it might be a volume problem as opposed to a pressure problem. You should check how many gallons / min are required to drive ro system. Buying another ro system I dont think will benefit you based on photos. You can check your gallons per min. approx. through a garden hose to keep it simple .
Good luck John

plumber

Hi, Just had another thought I recently came across a adjustable pressure switch I believe up to 90 psi let me find info. I will foward to you if needed
John

goinbroke

filters are only a couple months old. membraine on top is brand new! i run a ge charcoal sediment house filter as soon as the water comes into the house. i get the same output of water from the r/o weather the ge filter is used or bypassed.
i just checked output on a garden hose. took 65 seconds to fill a orange home depot bucket till it overflowed.
i also pulled the waste water line out of the drain with the r/o running. it's a steady stream of water.
the unit the lfs has has a eletric pressure pump on it designed for applications with low pressure. you guys dont thinks it would be good for my situation?