NEED HELP GETTING MY NEW GRIFFIS ANGEL TO EAT

Steve Blum

On 5-22-20 I purchased a 6 inch Griffis Angel from Divers Den. I know it is early to worry as the fish is acclimating, however because of the cost I am worried.
I have been feeding a mixture of Brine Shrimp, fresh Mussels and Clams, and frozen chopped squid, their is no bullying or aggression bybany fish.

All Replies will be gratefully accepted

Thanks

beaslbob

from a web site:

Most juveniles as well as larger adults will acclimate readily, though occasionally an individual may refuse to eat. Having live rock and a good algae growth in the tank can help it to acclimate initially. Also providing sponges until it learns to eat the new foods that you are providing will help. Once established it will accept a variety of aquarium foods.

jay0705

I would try and contact DD and see what they were feeding it. They qt the fish for 2 wks so it had to be eating something for them

my angelfish has been not eating an I’m pretty sure pooping white poop. He’s also been floating around the bottom of the tank and laying on his side and times,

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
my angelfish has been not eating an I’m pretty sure pooping white poop. He’s also been floating around the bottom of the tank and laying on his side and times,
Do you have a QT tank setup? If so, I'd gently move the fish into that system and try feeding some chopped mysis soaked in garlic extreme. It's a great antioxidant and has some reported antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. It's a strong appetite stimulant and I've had that process work magic many times.