Need Help Identifying

tgolbus

I have 2 items in my tank that I can't identify...They came on a live rock. They looks almost identical...
Since they hide a lot I havn't been able to get a pitcure.
They move like snails, and when they attach to the glass they look even more like a snail. They do NOT have a shell...are soft. They are black in color (one has a dirty white streek down the center of the back).
They have 2 antenna, and skin that looks sorta like wings (or the ruffel on the bottom of a couch).
Any idea what they are. They have been in there a long time and appear to be doing well. They will hide for long periods.

michaeltx

not real sure but kinda sounds like what I have in my tank. does this look like what you have? if so I was told they are fleshy limpets that eat algae.
Mike

michaeltx

they told me that it was a good algae eater minr has started coming out more during the day and havent had any problems out of it.
Mike

MichaelTX:
What is the name of the coral you have pictured on the right side of the photo, the one that has a white shaft with tan buds?
I have a smaller version of one of these that was a hitchiker on my LR.
Thanks.

michaeltx

it was a purple gorg but it died yesterday and today I am fighting to keep my colt alive because of it.
Mike