need help pc went out

:mad: :notsure: i bought a bow front 28 g b series . it came with 2 x 36w 50/50 pc one went out . it went out on my first week. i tried to switch the pc its not the pc it must be the ballast or wiring. does this mean i can put a 65w in one socket?? if not where can i get a retro fit kit for my hood :help:

scsinet

No you can't do the 65w thing. It won't work.
You ought to try to repair the one you have. Lighting fixtures are usually pretty simple. Take it apart and check all the connections. It may be the ballast, but those are usually pretty "available."
Most decent LFSs (dedicated LFSs, not petsmarts, etc) will be able to work on them to some extent too if you are not comfortable with the electrical aspects.

Originally Posted by SCSInet
No you can't do the 65w thing. It won't work.
You ought to try to repair the one you have. Lighting fixtures are usually pretty simple. Take it apart and check all the connections. It may be the ballast, but those are usually pretty "available."
Most decent LFSs (dedicated LFSs, not petsmarts, etc) will be able to work on them to some extent too if you are not comfortable with the electrical aspects.

i actually found a retrofit by sunpaq 95w 18" which is stronger for $74 . ordering it tonight . woot :cheer:

nel621

Check the wireing connection where the bulb plugs into.Some of the connections are just pushed in and friction fit.They can come loose.Worth a try.