need help please!

biotank14

ok so i need help i have a bio cube 14 gal and just put a powerhead in it and added a clown but at night it seems like to muck current so i unplug it is that bad to not have a constate current b/c i was thinking about putting it on a timer to shut off with the lights please help

H

huskychasrs

First thing to pop in my head was...how large ie. GPH and placement in the tank.

monalisa

Originally Posted by biotank14
ok so i need help i have a bio cube 14 gal and just put a powerhead in it and added a clown but at night it seems like to muck current so i unplug it is that bad to not have a constate current b/c i was thinking about putting it on a timer to shut off with the lights please help
What size powerhead do you have in that 14gal? I've not heard of anyone needing to turn their powerheads off with a timer. If it's a matter of your clown getting used to the current in the tank, as long as you have some places where the current is a little less, they'll figure it out and adapt to the new environment.
Lisa

biotank14

its like a 180-200gph but it just seemed like to much at night b/c in the day it swims every with no problem but at night it stays in one spot trying to sleep ... idont know just asking

H

huskychasrs

^Yep, the clowns are resting, I don't have any anemones and mine curl up on the rock for a snooze.