Need Help QUICK!!

lm

I have a leak in my fuge; which means I need to replace it immeadiately. If I build a new fuge can I take the sand and live rock and algea from it and put it in my new fuge and will this create a cycle? I have to build a new one so repairing the old one is out of the question. Need advice ASAP Thanks:help:

cprdnick

what is the old one made out of?
Until you have a chance to replace it I would find a big rubbermaid container large enought to accomodate the fuge and anything else that is attatched.
EDIT: No it won't create a new cycle if you use everything from the old one.

lm

It is made out of plastic and yes I have it in a tub, but I need to make a new one. I am working on this as we speak. So if I make a new one and use the sand(which will be like a white tornado when I move it from one to the other) and live rock (I might as well give the algae a hair cut too) I will not hurt anything??

jugger

anyway of closeing the loop of water flow to redirect the water flow from going into the fuge??? or just stoping the water flow for a few hours untill the sand is stable??

I did it several times while experimenting with fuges. It will cloud your tank for a few hours, but ther eshould be no ill effects.

lm

Yes, I can stop the water flow to the fuge. So if I transfer fuges with out water flow till the sand settles down I will be ok.:cheer: