need help selling 48" metal halide with power compact hood

daceman89

Need help selling 48" metal halide with power compact hood from hamilton tech. I am going from a 80 gallon to a 225 and wanted to get rid of a hood i bought about 4 months ago.

daceman89

Originally posted by daceman89
Need help selling 48" metal halide with power compact hood from hamilton tech. I am going from a 80 gallon to a 225 and wanted to get rid of a hood i bought about 4 months ago.

Hamilton Technology 48" hood with four months use to it.2 - Metal Halide bulbs (175 Watt 10K) and 2 - 96W 7100K Blue PC Compact Fluorescent bulbs, 2 - 4" fans, High Quality electro-white reflector, Black Aluminum canopy. Dawn to dusk effect - one switch for the metal halides and one switch for the compact fluorescents. Dimensions: L48"xW11.5"xH6.5" Also I upgraded the ballast from Magnetic to Electronic ballast.The reason I am selling my light is because I Just upgraded to a 225 gallon tank and sold my old tank as you will see in my pictures.This hood ran me $868.00. This hood will come with a One year warrentee on both ballast.

benwildog

Daceman, are you interested in a trade for the lights? I have a 72 inch MH/VHO light very similar to your 48 inch. I need a 48 inch for my setup. The light has 3 175 MH, 2 VHO actinics, everything else seems almost the same as your light. It is not as new but it is in great condition. Let me know if interseted.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of MH are in there, and what is the brand for the MH ballast?

daceman89

Hamilton Technology 48" hood with Four months use to it.2 - Metal Halide bulbs (175 Watt 10K) and 2 - 96W 7100K Blue PC Compact Fluorescent bulbs, 2 - 4" fans, High Quality electro-white reflector, Black Aluminum canopy. Dawn to dusk effect - one switch for the metal halides and one switch for the compact fluorescents. Dimensions: L48"xW11.5"xH6.5" Also I upgraded the ballast from Magnetic to Electronic ballast.The reason I am selling my light is because I Just upgraded to a 180 gallon tank and sold my old tank as you will see in my pictures.This hood ran me $868.00.

thedraven

Must the light be hung? It looks quite heavy, but Im wondering if there are legs included? Sorry to ask such an ignorant question, but Im not exactly 'light savy'. Also, Ive noticed quite a few people seem to have MHs over their open tanks, is there a reason for that? Is it unwise to place above a glass canopy? Thank you for dealing with my questions.