Need help stocking 215 gallon FOWLR

jfarris

We currently have a 55 gallon reef tank and have decided to get another tank, we want a much larger one because we want to be able to have maybe a trigger, some surgeons and maybe a puffer?? We have decided to get a 215 gallon fish only with live rock.
I have some questions. Can you keep more then one puffer in a tank that size?
What would be the maximum amount of tangs you would suggest for a 215 gallon?
What kind of clean up crew do you use when you have puffers?
Or do you need one since you don't need the strong lighting required for corals?
What size tank would an eel be alright in?
Also, we are considering getting a UV sterilizer since we want tangs, does anyone have any thoughts about that? I've been told many different things about using one, good and bad.
I think those are all my questions for right now. Thank you in advance.
And feel free to throw anything in there I might not have thought about.

unleashed

Originally Posted by JFarris
We currently have a 55 gallon reef tank and have decided to get another tank, we want a much larger one because we want to be able to have maybe a trigger, some surgeons and maybe a puffer?? We have decided to get a 215 gallon fish only with live rock.
I have some questions. Can you keep more then one puffer in a tank that size?it is recomended only one puffer per tank
What would be the maximum amount of tangs you would suggest for a 215 gallon?
it all depends on size and species you plan on keeping along with other tank mates
What kind of clean up crew do you use when you have puffers?
Or do you need one since you don't need the strong lighting required for corals?
clean up crews can still be used in aggressive tanks but may become depleted by munching fish .such as puffers,trigger.wrasses.ect.my clean up crew for my agressive tank consist of a foxface and a silver scat(125 gal)
What size tank would an eel be alright in?
some eels will do fine in a 55 gal for life it all depends on the species of eel you aquire some do require much larger tanks
Also, we are considering getting a UV sterilizer since we want tangs, does anyone have any thoughts about that? I've been told many different things about using one, good and bad. I have a UV sterolizer I have used a couple times I have not found it to be as usefull as expected.I have however found a good diet and husbandry to be much more reliable as prevention and cure.best prevention of all is to QT all new arrivals including LR
I think those are all my questions for right now. Thank you in advance.
And feel free to throw anything in there I might not have thought about.
I hope this helps

fishy7

As far as the tank size.

I do not keep many fish in mine but I know we can fit quite a few more. Good luck with your tank, you will be very pleased.