Need help with 90 gal 48" new lights

jbailey52

Hello everyone. Looking to change me fowlr and add corals. I will mainly start with LPS coral, but would like the ability to add SPS also. I am looking at 2 set ups right now and need some pointers/opinions. One is this setup
6x54 T5 ho (324 watts)
4-12k
2-actinic
The other is a LED setup
64 LEDs
8640 lumens
48x10k
16x actinic

acrylic51

T5's would definitely work, but would have to fine tune bulb combinations though.....LEDs will work as well, but your item description on the LEDs are to vague IMHO......

jbailey52

It's the evo quad fixture. I didn't realize it was a unit discussed so much here, but I am still no familiar with the led side of things. Like with halides, PCs etc it was all about wattage.... How do you gauge LED? Is 192 LED watts comparable to a higher conventional wattage???

jbailey52

Anyone? Found another fixture for slightly more but it's with. 14k halides and actinic 4x 65 PC... Would really like the pros and cons of these. I need to replace my old fixture as I'm worried it is a fire hazard. This is the info on the other unit
48'' Metal Halide Power Compact Light Fixture 560 watts 2013 New Release Electronic Ballast Included for Increased efficiency 2- 150 Metal Halide 15k HQI Double Ended bulbs included (300 watts) 4 - 65 watt power compact actinic (blue) bulbs included (260 watts) 6 watts of Blue Lunar Led bulbs included Built in heavy duty cooling fans included

jbailey52

I am currently using an old PC unit. 2x65 10k and 2x65 actinic. Also has a couple moon LED.
Found this unit also for the same price as the LED unit.
2x Odyssea 250W DE HQI Bulb 15000K
4x Odyssea 54W T5 High Output Bulb Actinic Blue
6x Dual Bluemoon LED
My issue is I don't know what numbers and stats to look for in a LED, and how the compare to different units.