Need help with a scooter/starry dragonet

fcatch76

Scooter, his name, has begun to get this bump on his head and today being very sluggish. I was able to pick him up by hand to move him into QT. Any help would be appreciated. Tank specs are under pics:

He has been with me for 3 1/2 months. Eats Mysis, Cope and Amphi pods and my prepared home made food (shrimp, scallops, squid, selcon, garlic, spinach etc etc).
Temp 78-79
Salinity 1.025
pH 8.2
Ammon. 0
Trite 0
Trate 10- QT =0
Calcium 480
Phos. 0
dkH 8
Thank you!

spanko

he's starving. His belly is shrunken in. Don't know how much up front research you did on this fish prior to getting it but the are a dragonet, (Stellate dragonet) like a mandarin, and as such are pod eaters unless you do some hard training to eat other foods. They pick and eat fairly constantly in the wild. Most often people with large systems with big fuges and lots of pods have luck with them but not normally Nano tank keepers.
Sorry for the fish, really looks like it is on it's way out.

fcatch76

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2820981
he's starving. His belly is shrunken in. Don't know how much up front research you did on this fish prior to getting it but the are a dragonet, (Stellate dragonet) like a mandarin, and as such are pod eaters unless you do some hard training to eat other foods. They pick and eat fairly constantly in the wild. Most often people with large systems with big fuges and lots of pods have luck with them but not normally Nano tank keepers.
Sorry for the fish, really looks like it is on it's way out.
Spanko, thanks, but he eats just fine. Its the odd shape bump on his head that I am worried about. Yes, I know he is a dragonet and thats why my fuge is stocked with 16+ bags of swf.com pods and other forms of amphi and cope pods.

fcatch76

thx Subie, I did post this already in the Fish discussion. I am concerned about the bump on his head. He eats my home made food and lots of it and the fuge is still going with lots of pods...

spanko

Okay, dont know what the bump is, is it new or has it been there?
Just looks real skinny in that picture, maybe it's the angle.

fcatch76

it is the angle a little, he is fatter than he looks. The bump may have progressed over two or three days