need help with ID piece not happy

shainline

I am trying to figure out what this piece is so I know how to care for it. In this pic is it pretty happy half way to all the way open.. Now its not opeing at all!

renogaw

looks like a kenya tree. should be happy just about anywhere, except for when it drops branches, then it shrivels sometimes.

spanko

+1 and sometimes when it drops branches the dropped pc. will become a new frag altogether.

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3141165
+1 and sometimes when it drops branches the dropped pc. will become a new frag altogether.
YEAH!!!! And that frag will become a frag...and another...and another....etc etc

nw2salt08

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3141180
YEAH!!!! And that frag will become a frag...and another...and another....etc etc

No kidding!! lol I have babies all over my tank. I have to corral them up and put them in the same place as the mother piece! lol The break off, float and reattach elsewhere...
I wish my green kenya would just grow. lol

shainline

well that makes since, maybe it broke off at some point. Cuz it is ALL shriveled up!! I thought something was wrong with it. How long will it stay closed up?

loopy101

well to give you a idea how tough these things are i was bored and curious to see how much they can take so i took a scissors to one of my many many trees. it shriveled up pretty fast and stayed shriveled for 4or 5 days and was back to normal after that...

meowzer

LOL...yeah...ever see the move "THEY COME BACK" LOL..that is Kenya tree
I am getting so many, I am starting to throw them in the sump....

renogaw

my mother is so big, it's pushing against the glass. this morning... i had three new babies ATTACHED to the glass... i can't stand this coral, but it was the first i got years ago...

shainline

So beware it will take over!
I just wish it would do SOMETHING! Its really pretty when its happy not so much right now. Thanks for all the advice