need help with my protein skimmer!

pontius

I'm currently setting up my 125 gallon. the skimmer I'm using is an ASM G3.
so when I started everything up tonight after adding some LS, the skimmer is bubbling as it should be. but it is filling up with water too fast. the water is going straight up into the collection cup and is bubbling out the top of the cup (and also out the normal skimmer outflow). why would this be happening?
the skimmer is in approximately 7 inches of water right now. would adding more water to increase the depth help any at all?
the only thing I can think of, before I started it up, I put some water in it so it wouldn't float around.
I really need help with this because all the water bubbling out is starting to collect around the rim of the tank it's in. and the sump/fuge is in a wooden cabinet, so I don't need the wood getting wet.
thanks.

ddboy

I don't know if I got your question right? is water shooting out of the unit? i have the same skimmer on my 150g. and it works great. the only thing I would ask is if you have check if the plumbing is correct. and also lower the pipe where the water comes back out. and for the water level. I think the lower the better. but not too low ofcourse.

db

You have the riser tube too high. You need to lower it to stop the over flow.