Need help with what fish to add!

camar0

Ok so i have a 55 gallon tank that only contains a maroon clownfish and a purple dottyback
My tank is so bare... lol...
I want to add colorful fish
I need easy to moderate care level
I want to make sure the fish are also peaceful as the clownfish seems to be somewhat aggressive
Please help!

btldreef

Coral Beauty Angelfish are NOT peaceful, they're a semi aggressive fish as are all other dwarf angels.
That being said, I think a dwarf angel would be a good addition and the Flame and the Coral Beauty are probably two of the easier ones to care for as well the African Flameback. Since this is a fish only, there are a few other dwarfs you could consider that are not as reef safe, but also add a lot of color.
There are also some really beautiful wrasses with amazing colors, I highly suggest looking into them.

yannifish

If you plan on keeping it a fish only, what about a toby puffer?
I've never kept one, but I don't think they are too aggresive.
And angel would be a great addiction.
Or maybe a wrasse of some sort.

flower

Best book I ever purchased....I also gave a picture of the inside, so you can see the info it offers.

noah's nemo

Clowns are in the damsel family,so yes they are aggressive(maroons are one of the most)...IMO I would want others who will stand their ground ,rather than run and hide....I'd look at some type of hawkfish,a flame or blood red would be my choices

srfisher17

I assume the maroon is a juvi and will almost certainly turn into a female. An adult, female, maroon is an incredibly territorial fish and will claim your whole tank as her territory. Don't get any wussy fish. The Hawkfish, suggested by Noah's Nemo are a good idea. Some of the small puffers may work too.

jgisler2006

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/3286109
I assume the maroon is a juvi and will almost certainly turn into a female. An adult, female, maroon is an incredibly territorial fish and will claim your whole tank as her territory. Don't get any wussy fish. The Hawkfish, suggested by Noah's Nemo are a good idea. Some of the small puffers may work too.
I have a 30 gallon FOWLR and am also looking for more fish to add. Currently I have a sixline wrasse, falco hawkfish, and a green chromis, whenever i try to add another fish, the hawkfish and wrasse swarm it. do I buy a fish that will hold its own (maroon clown?) or what?