need helping wiring an older icecap ballast!

nietzsche

i connected an icecap 250 electronic ballast to a pfo mini pendent but the wires on the harness of the ballast are messed up. a couple of them were loose and i dont know which colors went where. the wires connect to a plastic thing that connects to the ballast
it keeps tripping the gfci but fired up when it ran on a non-gfci outlet

spiderwoman

Have you checked the icecap inc dot com for wiring instructions? From what I could see they had the newer ones in the main menu, but I'd expect the others to be somewhere in the support area.
I hope that helps.

scsinet

Harmonics generated by electronic ballasts can sometimes confuse GFIs.
You may want to try a very good quality noise filter such as a Tripp-Lite Isobar between the GFI and the ballast to see if that solves it. If not, you may need to just run the lights off a non-GFI outlet.

nietzsche

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/2549085
Harmonics generated by electronic ballasts can sometimes confuse GFIs.
You may want to try a very good quality noise filter such as a Tripp-Lite Isobar between the GFI and the ballast to see if that solves it. If not, you may need to just run the lights off a non-GFI outlet.
icecap emailed me saying that if it ran on a non-gfci outlet that ill just have to use that. they said that the gfci might be too sensitive or i could have a grounding problem. that was all they said
the guy i bought the used ballast from was awesome enough to immediately buy me a brand new wiring harness and had it shipped to my address