Need Legit Rec's For A Music / Movie Download Site

funkyman

I have 12 and 15 year old boys who've been after me for quite some time now to subscribe to a site they can download from. I've done a lot of Google'ing, but it seems that most of the recommendation sites seem to have been set up by the site that's being promoted.
I'd like to know what sites real people are using, and how they like them. I'm interested in subscribing to a yearly (or longer) subscription that would provide UNLIMITED downloads. Primarily music, but movies would be nice too.
Thanx in advance for the help.

lil' tanker

well I use Walmart.com primarily because I don't have an Ipod mine is a different brand. If you have an ipod go with itunes. Walmart.com isn't bad but I would rather have an ipod and use itunes as I'm sure many other people feel.

veni vidi vici

Limewire its free and easy to use.
Its illegal to upload copyrighted material but not to download.
Limewire gives you the option to turn off upload capabilities.

autofreak44

ok whoever says limewire is legal is totaly in denial. i use it. its illegal. get over it

as for LEGAL download sites, i would say itunes is great, but i dont think they have a 1 year subscription thing, rather they have a by the song or by the movie charge. if you dont have an ipod, well tough nuggies i guess there is walmart.com

darknes

I've never heard of a legit website that allows unlimited downloads for a set subscription price. They would either go out of business, or the subscription would be ridiculously high.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by autofreak44
ok whoever says limewire is legal is totaly in denial. i use it. its illegal. get over it

as for LEGAL download sites, i would say itunes is great, but i dont think they have a 1 year subscription thing, rather they have a by the song or by the movie charge. if you dont have an ipod, well tough nuggies i guess there is walmart.com

It is legal to download.Illegal to upload.