Need Lights, Lights, Lights,Anyone?

fishfanatc

We just set up our 135g SW and it has just completed its cycle. We would like to start getting some soft corals but we need lights. I do have a canopy so I need something that will fit inside the canopy. If anyone has anything available will you please let me know. Thank you in advamce~ kathie

alfa1023

Are you interested in metal halides?
If so, I have two 175 watt Advance ballasts, two mogul encaps and two 175 watt bulbs (not sure if they are 10K or 14K). I inherited this setup as part of an aquarium package I purchased. Was told bulbs were only a few months old. Everything fired up and works (one ballast seemed to have a faint hum to it).
Would like to get $200 plus shipping (ballasts are heavy).

mumbulog

I have a coralife vho ballast that can accomodate 2- 48 inch 110 watt vho bulbs. This will get you started. The unit is plug n play all you would need is bulbs. $85 shipped

motocross

I have a hamilton retro that will fit in your canopy... 6 x 96 power compacts thats 576 watts total !! MINT condition $350.00 + shipping

drizcol

Originally Posted by mumbulog
I have a coralife vho ballast that can accomodate 2- 48 inch 110 watt vho bulbs. This will get you started. The unit is plug n play all you would need is bulbs. $85 shipped
Hi, I am interested in your coralife vho ballast. do you have any pictures of it?
THanks
sdriscoll@wi.rr.com

alfa1023

Kstater - I sent you an email with pictures.
UPDATE - Kstater - email kicked back, basically saying it was an invalid email address. Please advise.

alfa1023

tmcelveen - would consider selling just one, but would like to get $125.
Since Kstater inquired first, I should probably give him/her a couple more hours to see that I could not send an email to them.

alfa1023

kstater - sent email to all those addresses.
Not sure what you mean by everything. What I have is two loose ballasts; two loose mogul sockets and two bulbs. The ballasts and sockets are all wired so that they are plug and play. I do not have any sort of reflector though. So you would need to mount these in an existing canopy or such. There is nothing that legs would attach to.
Yes, the $200 is the total for both, plus whatever it would cost to ship these to you (the ballasts are heavy).

hot883

I have a brand new Coralvue MH 250w retro fit kit that fits inside of canopies. It comes with everything needed, reflector with socket, electronic ballast, 12,000k Reeflux bulb, power cord. $175 shipped. bcool831@pldi.net

alfa1023

tmclveen - are you still interested in one set of the lights (ballast, mogul socket and bulb) for $125 plus shipping? And sorry to have made you wait unnecessarily.