Need list of peaceful fish

rex taylor

150gal Fowlr with reef later. Want very docil fish.
Can you help.
Got rid of damsels and CBS.
Now have 3 chromies, 2 firefish, 2 gobies, 2 very small(chromie size) blue tangs and 1orchid dottyback.
Thanks Rex

kev

If I were you and had such a wonderful tank, I would add a pair of your favorite type of clownfish, and maybe a sixline wrasse? :D

L

lathen

Been Researching here...
Favorite clownfish pair ( Any except Maroon I think )
Green/Blue chromus - you have already...
Sixline Wrasse
Royal Gramma ( I cant keep one alive, but peaceful if 1 )
any Tang ( single or 3 )
Mandarin Fish ( if enough LR and LS )
Lawnmower Blenny
Cardinal fish ( any )
Starting to wish I had a 150
Lathen :(

rex taylor

Thanks Lathan,
Got the 150 from a friend that upgraded to an in the wall 300.
Seems you always want bigger.
I have about 150lbs of live rock with sand.
I will get a pair of Perculas after the first of the year.
What about snails and crabs. I here a lot of different things on this site.
I am also putting up VHO lights next month. Will try my hand at easy corals.
Thanks again
Rex

L

lathen

Hi Rex,
I'm not too much into snails - but who knows if I have a algae outbreak in a few months that my blenny or hermits wont control - I'd reconsider... I do hear the Turbo snails are the best for algae control.
If your going to use corlas, the Scarlet Hermit crabs are the only ones I know of that are "reef safe" and wont eat the polyps. I hear the Emerald, blue legged, etc are bad. My Scarlet Hermies do wonders for my tank ( I have about 13 ).
I have a mated pair of true Perculas - you wont be dissapointed!
Merry Christmas!
Lathen

danrw84

id do a pair of percula clowns
sixline or 4 line wrasse(they get bigger)
lawnmower blenny
and maybe something else..
oh, and a shark
JK!
good luck! merry xmas!

bdhough

You could add some of the dwarf angels after the tank has been established. If you add one last then it shouldn't be a problem especially with a tank that size. Just be careful which one because some will nibble the reef stuff. I suggest a flame.
Oh and you could school yellow tangs too if you wanted. Or try a pair of clowns. Try true or false.

scotts

I like the true percula clown because it has more black on it and it tends to make the other colors stand out.
Scott

jonah

I actually prefer the false because of less black on them. They get a little larger than true if I remember correctly. I think true perculas reach about 3" and the false reach 3.5". I have a pair of false in a 10g.
Regarding the peacefulness of royal grammas, I had one that hid constantly when it was alone in a 20g nano. I added it to my 75g reef and my two yellow tail damsels tried taking it out. He/she beat the snot out of them. They've all been real peaceful ever since.:)
If you have the critters to support it, get a mandarin. Mine just minds it's own business. Nobody bothers him and he doesn't bother anyone else. It's one of the most beautiful fish I've ever seen too.
All 3 are reef safe too in case you start doing corals.

chinnyr

Scooter blennie,bi-color blennie,pearly jawfish,and many gobies are very docile and have lots of personality.Just my 2cents.