need new bulbs

kevine6678

last summer I purchased a t5 ho 4 bulb fixture. It came with 2 460 nm actinic bulbs and 2 10000 k daylight bulbs. It's about time to replace the bulbs and I was looking to get some advice from some other experianced reef keepers about what kinda bulbs to get.
I want bulbs that will bring out the colors of my corals as well as promote growth. Should I stick with 2 460 nm and 2 10000 k? I know that 12000, 14000, 18000, and 20000 k have a progressivley bluer tint but is there any benefit to those spectrums other than personal preferance? 6700 k has more of a yellow tint, will it make the corals grow faster? finally will 420 nm have any benefit as opposed to a 460 nm?
Any feedback will be much appreciated to help assist by buying. Thanks!!

meowzer

I had the same combo as you, and when it came time for my new bulbs, I asked the same question....this is what I ended up with
2 ATI Blue Plus
1 Aquablue special
1 Aquascience Special 15000
I'm very pleased with them, and my corals seem to be too :)

nikesb

good is an understatement, theyre absolutely awesome, i am happy that meowzer was satisfied with the color and bulbs

meowzer

Originally Posted by nikeSB
http:///forum/post/3281011
good is an understatement, theyre absolutely awesome, i am happy that meowzer was satisfied with the color and bulbs
OH YES....I owe this selection to Mr. Nike
he's a very good person to listen to when it comes to reef choices....just look at some of his pics