Need New Fish Addition Advice

alvin

Hi SWF,
I have a 110 Gal Tank with:
1 - Firefish
1 - Magnificent Foxface
2 - Mated False Percs
I want to add some fish, specifically HARDY Fish. I do not want a Tang due to the Ich Magnet reputation. I had a Kole Tang before that got a lot of Ich and I needed to perform Hypo.
So I need some advice on a list of fish to add. Fish that are compatible with my current Fish.
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks!

alvin

Oh, I have a few Xenia Pom Poms and 1 Frog Spawn. Also:
2 - Peppermint Shrimp
1 - Cleaner Shrimp
So yah, I want to make my tank a bit more active. It looks kind of boring since my all my fish seem to stay close to their "Homes"

al&burke

I think a large school of chromis might look cool, I don't know what you think of that, I always liked schooling fish, I enjoy them in my planted tank set up. and you have a 110 gallon I think it would be spectacular. JMHO.

deejeff442

dont cromis kill each other off untill there is only one left?
flame hawks are sweet.mine dont bother the shrimp.just make sure the shrimp are bigger then the hawk,
a leopard wrasse is nice too

al&burke

I think they do better in larger groups - kinda like african cichlids, lets see what others think.

btldreef

My additions would be Lyretail or Bartlett's Anthias as they tend to be easier than some of the other anthias, in a group of 3. Also, a nice flasher or fairy wrasse, or both. I love Leopard Wrasses and am thinking of adding a pair to my tank. A ORA Orchid Dottyback and a basslet of some sort are also some hardy, colorful fish.
How about a dwarf angel?
I'd also add a blenny of some sort, they have so much personality, I just can't keep a tank without one anymore.
As for tangs being ich magnets, this can easily be avoided if you hypo and QT them before putting them in your tank, is this an option? (All fish should be Qt'd before going in your main tank)
As to the Chromis issue, many people do claim that they will kill each other off slowly. They're better kept in odd numbers, but I won't keep them because I fear the killing off issue and IMO anthias are nicer to look at. Chromis remind me of bait fish for some reason.

alvin

All that sounds great! I used to have Chromis before, I think I had 5, and yah, they ended up dying. So I might not go that route. Hmmm, I just completed Hypo with my Magnificent Foxface, and I didn't like doing it haha. So maybe a Tang will be out of the question for now. But I will definitely Quarantine, but not Hypo. Hmm or should I just hypo everything now just in case.
I will definitely consider Anthias.
Ok, I will start looking at LFS to see what they have.
Thanks and I am always looking for new advice on fish additions.

btldreef

I prefer hypo'ing all fish that go into a reef setting because it's such a pain once ich gets in a reef tank.
What didn't you like about hyposalinity, the maintenance?

alvin

That's true. It was a pain getting my Magnificent Out of there. I guess I will hypo all new coming fish. I am definitely looking at the Lyretail route.