Need some advice on DIY

bishop82

Hi there, been surfing threw the boards here for a couple weeks, and I've decided on a DIY stand, and sump for my tank, ATM i've got a 10 gallon tank, but soon to upgrade it to a 37 Gallon. When I do this I'm going to use the ten for the sump/refugium. I'm wanting to build this as easily as possible but still have a nice, functional set up. The tank i'm hoping will house some corals as well as some fish. I'm also going to build my own stand for it, This will be no problems, I know a few carpenters but the sump i'm a bit stumped on. I Work at a fast food restaurant and we have these pans called Cambro pans, some of you may have heard about them, They are thick plastic that can withstand high temperatures. Well I've gotten one of the 1/6 size pans brand new for free from work, and was wondering if i could use this for an overflow box, some how cut it in half and attach on half to the inside the other to the outside and drill a hole in the bottom of the one on the outside for the line running to the sump. I'm not sure if there is a formula for the return pump, nor am I sure how exactly these things work, treat me like a newb here. Any idea's or advice would be great. I've been doing wonderful with the 10 gallon now, it belonged to my brother and you could say I aquired it a few months ago. The other thing I want to do is make the refugium a decent sized one for pods, the tank DOES have a green mandarin goby in there, he's been there now for over a year. he eats brine, flake, just about anything i put in there. My friend works at the LFS and has came over to see it, I was concerned about the goby after reading the boards here but he says that he's doing great, very bright and vivid in color, who knows maybe i got a mandarin that thinks he's a damsel :joy: I'll try and get some pics up as soon as i figure out this new digital camera the wife bought... Technology hates me.