Need Some Help Please! Alk Test Kit Sheet

psusocr1

o.k i think i have an AQUARIUM PHARMAEUTICALS ALK test kit( maybe different).. i lost the sheet that tells me how many drops equals what mg/ml
somone please post what they are.. i beleive there are only 10 of them...
by the way it may not be AQUARIUM PHARMAEUTICALS but it came with just the little tube you fill with water, then the big tube you pour the water into from the little tube,,, and then that oily looking solution that you titrate with
thanks alot!

teviesfish

Sorry wish i could help. We use Hagen. Where did you order the test kit at? mine i dont have to move at all from one tube to another.

psusocr1

its a bad kit, but works exactly like others so i got it..i just wish someone tested alk witht his same kit!

gwh57

Originally Posted by psusocr1
o.k i think i have an AQUARIUM PHARMAEUTICALS ALK test kit( maybe different).. i lost the sheet that tells me how many drops equals what mg/ml
somone please post what they are.. i beleive there are only 10 of them...
by the way it may not be AQUARIUM PHARMAEUTICALS but it came with just the little tube you fill with water, then the big tube you pour the water into from the little tube,,, and then that oily looking solution that you titrate with
thanks alot!
I think I once had one of those, but not sure. If it was then fill small tube with tank water and dump into big tube. Add the titrate drop at the time counting then untill the color changes. Each drop equals one dkh. Or something like that :notsure:

psusocr1

thanks,, yes i know how to do it, i just dont know those numbers they give you for each drop but ill try one drop equals one dkh

psusocr1

i got 8 drops before the color change that it goes through so i guess i have 8 dkh? which means is hould bump it up a bit

psusocr1

RiDoMart
i dont understand your chart..
i need ot know how many drops that i added equals what DKH..
example: i needed 8 drops for the water to change colors so what is 8 drops equal to in DKH
you may have answereed that but i dont understand
thanks for trying to help me io appreciate it!

ridomart

You get the color to change, Thenfor KH= 16 times the reading on your 1 ml syringe. For Alk=5.71 times the reading

psusocr1

do you have this same test kit? do you have the chart where it says # of drops, then next to that it has the reading in dkh and meg/l

ridomart

(5) Hold the syringe with the tip facing upward & read the position of the , now upper end , of the blackpart of the piston. The syringe has graduations of 0.01ml. Read the KH or ALK value from the table or calculate as follows. KH in dkh=(1-reading in step 5 ) x 16 ALKin meg/l= (1 - reading in step 5 )x 5.71

ridomart

(4) Add dropwise with the 1 ml syringe the KH reagent to the water in the test tube. Swiel after each drop a secound or two. Continue with this untill the color changes from blue/greeen to orange-red or pink.

jerthunter

if it is aquarium pharaceuticals brand. I believe your dKh is equal to the number of drops so you have 8 dKh, which seems about right to me. I don't use that brand of test kit but I found the instructions on another website that has some doctors wearing lab coats at the top, if you go to the product you can click on more information and the directions pop up. Hope this helps.

gwh57

Originally Posted by psusocr1
thanks alot everyone!
I think you are on the right track now. One drop + one dkh