need some help with plumbing a five gallon

nemo lover

Hey guys I got a new little set up, and wanted to try something different this time(no hob)I want to have some sort of closed loop plumbing on the minibow, and a ten gallon sump/fugie. any ideas on how I should go about doing this. The tank is acyrillic so I don't think it will be to difficult to drill.
The tank is a five gallon mini bow, it will have 70watt 10k mh, and a ice probe chiller with temp controller. A custom hood, and canopy from hog hoods (this will be his first time trying a bow so me/ him luck) I would like to have some sort of mini uv serilizer, and protien skimmer in the sump area. I dont mind if the skimmer, and the uv hob of the sump. Just not on the tank itself. I want to go for a real clean look, and it gives me more room for other stuff :) Any ideas?
Also any ideas on what pumps to use I was thinking a maxijet for the closed loop, and maybe a mag for the return in the sump????

theop

Get some 1/2" bulkheads. The plumbing should be easy with 1/2" PVC. The return pump from your sump should be chosen based on the desired flow rate you need, and this will depend on the height difference between your tank and sump.
It just seems like overkill for a 5 gal tank.

nemo lover

yeah I was think that too. I am not going to do a closed loop. I am still going to have a sump/fugie with a hob skimmer, and the same lighting.

oceana

when you get here i can show you how we drilled out our 6 gallon nano to fit two bulk heads to run into a 10 glalon sump/fuge. its not set up as a nano anymore but it should help.
dont buy any plump parts yet. i have pvc parts coming out the wazoo lol

nemo lover

cool!! Thanks for the help. two new tanks in one month, I am starting to push my luck. My hubbys gonna cut me off soon. lol.