need some help with sump please......

biggdriver

How do you prevent the stupid gurgling noise coming out of the hose into the sump..This is driving me nuts and I have been trying to fix it all night..It's not on the top by the overflow it's where it's coming out into the water.. If I leave the hose hang above the water then It's really loud, listening to the water run down.....

broomer5

If you are not using a trickle plate, then just allow the end of the hose to be submerged under the sump water level by extending it.

biggdriver

Ok here's the setup. I have a 65 gallon with a cpr overflow102 It has two hoses coming out of it..I have the hoses going into a 30 gallon refugium/sump. The problem is if I put the hoses under water that is where I get the gurgling noise .THe air wants to escape and it gurgles in the sump. If I hang the hose above the water then it stops but the rushing water sound is just as loud as the gurgling..Not having any luck so far trying to quiet it down.. any other suggestions.

toddpolish

try putting the hose in a glass jar of some sort. I'm doing that - however I still have the sound of running water...overflowing from that jar - kinda like a fountain.