Need some recommendations..

Kristin1234

On a auto top off and a auto feeder.

What are some of the better ones?

We are going to Ohio for 3 days in August and I need to get this all set up and ready.

lmforbis

Just draws from a holding tank. I use a 10 gallon tank of RODI and a simple siphon to get the water to the sump. On the left is the float switch. It has worked very well for me and cost very little and no electricity. I make sure I never have more water in the reservoir than the sump will hold if it gets stuck on and the volume isn't enough to impact my salinity much is it does get stuck.

Here is a picture
IMG_2249.JPG

Kristin1234

Just draws from a holding tank. I use a 10 gallon tank of RODI and a simple siphon to get the water to the sump. On the left is the float switch. It has worked very well for me and cost very little and no electricity. I make sure I never have more water in the reservoir than the sump will hold if it gets stuck on and the volume isn't enough to impact my salinity much is it does get stuck.

Here is a picture
View attachment 1512
Wow! You made that? You're nifty!

See I will have to fill the holding tank to make sure there is enough water for the 3 days. Probably gonna prep a 20 gallon reservoir.

Kristin1234

I have a 125 and 10 gallons lasts me 5-6 days
My tank and sump are in my garage. While it is heated and cooled it remains 80 degrees and evaporates very quickly since summer has hit. Do you think 10 gallons would be enough? I think I'm gonna take some notes and see how long I go without topping it off, and how lo g it takes to evaporate.

lmforbis

Or just measure the amount you top off every day and see how much you lose in 3 days. You don't want the return to run dry and ruin your pump while you are gone.

pegasus

I use the same float connected to my RO/DI. It's been set up that way over two years, and has never failed to function properly. It keeps my water level spot on...