Need some sump helo! noise controll!!!!!!

loopy101

Ok i finally got my 75 with drilled over flow with the standard kit! everything works great!!! but the noise from the over flow is driving me nuts! its quit then every 5 seconds or so it makes a gurgling noise from the air coming out of the over flow pipe! the pipe is a 1 inch going straight down to the sump using pvc. everything else is quit and so nice when it doesnt gurgle! and it drove me nuts last night trying to sleep! i know i have read many different tricks on how to get it not to gurgle but i can find the info that i had!! so if some one knows any tricks on how to get that gush of air that makes the noise to stop that would be great!!! thanks very much!!!

handbanana

air break just before the pipe enters the water.
Like a T fitting. one side goes down into the water, the other to a length of pipe allowing the air to travle up that instead of your overflow. You can put a cap on said pipe with airline tubing too if thats your thing.
hope that helps a little

mkroher

Drill a few 1/4" holes in the PVC pipe just above the water line in the sump. If you get splashing from those holes, cover it with a filter sock.