need suggestions for new halide bulbs

I need to replace my halide bulbs on my tank. I have a 125 gal currently only soft corals. I have 2 t-5 actinic bulbs. I am replacing 2 400w metal halide bulbs. What i have right is 10,000K should I stick with that since I have the actinics or should I look at 20,000k bulbs? Also what brands do you guys like best for growth and display color?
Thanks

kayleigh

We are also in the process of replacing our bulbs. From what I was told the 10000k is best for growth while the 20000k would be better for look. We went in between with the 14000k. We went with the Phoenix.

tthemadd1

I really liked the 14k. They were much bluer than than the 10k. Growth was still good for the 14. The. Again 400w bulbs on a 75gal will make anything grow.
I did a lot of water replenishing but the results were great.

acrylic51

MH bulbs will vary a little with coloration from tank to tank, and that could be due to what type of ballast they are driven with and nipple orientation on SE bulbs can also play a factor in how the bulb looks after it's warmed up.......400W on a 75 is way overkill, but will work, but increased temp and as you noted more evaporation......

tthemadd1

That is how I lived for two years. Lots of evaporation but looked great and growth was amazing. No longer have it set up. Still have the ballasts and lamps for my next build. Bigger and better. Someday.