Need sum Help setting up a 75gal reef tank

reefphishery

Im looking for information on water flow inside my tank. This is what i got so far 75 gal Tank, 30 gal sump/refi. with a mag 7 return pump, in side sump there is a reef octopus 160xs. I recently purchased a red sea wave maker and was wondering about how many circulation pumps inside my tank and placement, also which is a good brand. I plan on putting mostly soft corals and a few fish with lots of live rock. This is a project I just started so any help would be appreicated. Thanks

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefphishery http:///t/388040/need-sum-help-setting-up-a-75gal-reef-tank#post_3419298
Im looking for information on water flow inside my tank. This is what i got so far 75 gal Tank, 30 gal sump/refi. with a mag 7 return pump, in side sump there is a reef octopus 160xs. I recently purchased a red sea wave maker and was wondering about how many circulation pumps inside my tank and placement, also which is a good brand. I plan on putting mostly soft corals and a few fish with lots of live rock. This is a project I just started so any help would be appreicated. Thanks
Hi, and welcome to the boards, I think that you would do well with 4 Korillia 750's in your tank. That is what I have in my tank right now and they are doing a good job. Just make sure you position them right so that there is flow all over the tank and you have no dead spots. I am going to change where I have mine this weekend because I need to get the flow in the tank to some areas that need it.
HTH
Scott

reefphishery

Thanks that is was what a friend told me also I will do that. Thanks again. let me know how your position change works out. I havent set this up yet its still a work in progress.