Need to buy R/O Unit

cam78

I want to buy a R/O unit. I have a 46 gallon and want something easy to hook up and is a good unit. Suggestions please.

big

Google the "Airwaterice" their Reefkeeper is hard to beat both price and service
Get the 75 gph membrane, not the 100 gph ones. The lower GPH lets less past threw. You can not go wrong with their products.
Call them and they will set you up with the best for your needs........ Warren

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by big
Google the "Airwaterice" their Reefkeeper is hard to beat both price and service
Get the 75 gph membrane, not the 100 gph ones. The lower GPH lets less past threw. You can not go wrong with their products.
Call them and they will set you up with the best for your needs........ Warren
agreed...i took the advice and got the compact reefkeeper3 75gpd....GREAT UNIT!!!! love it

sign guy

build your own its easier and cheaper pluss you can use the best filters and all the goodies you want https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/282425/build-your-own-rodi

cam78

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
agreed...i took the advice and got the compact reefkeeper3 75gpd....GREAT UNIT!!!! love it
How do these hook up? Sink? Through plumming? Thanks

big

If you do not want to buid one............
Mine has a sink adapter that I got from them. BUT almost all the time I use a garden hose hookup, except when its just too cold to do so. Call the Airwaterice people, they will set you up right for not a lot of cash with a real good unit for 150 bucks of less

cam78

Thank you, will do. Would like to try to build one but really don't know enough about it, nor do I have the time.

trueclowns

lol i got lucky one day at petsmart and bought an 80 dollar RO/DI unit for 17 bucks....hehe i got a tip from a friend who worked there
SWEET SWEET CLEARANCE lol

zeroc

I got a 50 GPD Coralife 4-stage with pump for 70 bucks. Gotta love craigslist when people get out of the hobby. Had to go to home depot to jimmy rig connectors to hook it to my bathroom sink but it works. Just no one can wash their hands in that particular bath room luckily it's right next to the kitchen.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by big
If you do not want to buid one............
Mine has a sink adapter that I got from them. BUT almost all the time I use a garden hose hookup, except when its just too cold to do so. Call the Airwaterice people, they will set you up right for not a lot of cash with a real good unit for 150 bucks of less

Build it....it's simple and then you'll actually know how they function as well

donald

One word airwaterice I got the compact III I love it very easy hookup nice price, and water so clean I need sun glasses!

peixefresco

I did quite a bit of research and comparisons. Checked out both airwaterice and the Filter Guys (and a bunch of other aquarium sites). I bought the Ocean reef +1 from the filter guys as they had the best setup for an excellent price. They were also very helpful and replied quickly to questions. I juggled the filter setup to take care of lead as I live in NYC and the pipes are very old here. Stage 1: 5 micron sediment filter, 2: Matrikx +1 (chlorine, VOCs etc.), 3: Matrikx +Pb1 (lead, etc.) 4: RO 5: DI 6: Got the RO bypass valve for adding the inline GAC (coconut carbon) filter for drinking water (supposed to taste better, we'll see).

earlybird

Originally Posted by PeixeFresco
I did quite a bit of research and comparisons. Checked out both airwaterice and the Filter Guys (and a bunch of other aquarium sites). I bought the Ocean reef +1 from the filter guys as they had the best setup for an excellent price. They were also very helpful and replied quickly to questions. I juggled the filter setup to take care of lead as I live in NYC and the pipes are very old here. Stage 1: 5 micron sediment filter, 2: Matrikx +1 (chlorine, VOCs etc.), 3: Matrikx +Pb1 (lead, etc.) 4: RO 5: DI 6: Got the RO bypass valve for adding the inline GAC (coconut carbon) filter for drinking water (supposed to taste better, we'll see).
Don't know much about coconut carbon but it's supposed to be the best and reactivate the best.

nietzsche

Originally Posted by PeixeFresco

i bought the ocean reef + 1 and its the best!

flinka

I have a Buckeye Field Supply unit and am getting over 99% RO rejection (after the RO membrane and before the DI).
Tap (Average): 550 PPM
RO: 4 PPM
Rejection rate: 99.3%