Need to rid Prizm Skimmer bubbles

bluewater

Is it normal for the Prizms to release alot
of bubbles into the tank? MY skimmer is at
an extremely low pressure. And still, lots of bubbles are going into the tank. The
live rock under where my skimmer empties out water has air bubbles all over it.
Any ideas? If they can't be eliminated, is
there at least a way to minimize them?

mlm

Do you use any kind of slime coat in your tank? Did you recently add any medication to your tank? Are you sure the skimmer is on its lowest setting? All of these things can cause bubbles in the tank.

guppie

I have been running a prizm for about 6 months, and I was haveing the same problem after a water change or after I cleaned it, what I have done is shut the valve almost all the way closed, until the bubbles stop then slowly open a little at a time until you get the desired setting, this has worked for me, only takes a little time. Good Luck

fishfreek

I agree with mlm, if you have added any type of water conditioner this will cause micro bubbles to return into your tank. How long has the skimmer been set up? I have found the prizm to have a break-in peroid of 10-14 days. You could also expext to see bubbles during this time. After this peroid the bubbles should go away.HTH

bluewater

Thnx for the responces.
Only additives I add are the Calcium, stronium, and iodine. I put about 3-4 drops each a week. I dont put any amquel or novaqua slime coat stuff. I am sure the skimmer is on the lowest setting. I just got the skimmer on the 23rd of this month right before Christmas.
Im going to try the open up slowly method. We'll see how that goes. I guess it has been really broken in properly yet.