Neo palys

ci11337

Yea their mine. They came in accidentally on a large rock of green zoos. You want some? Since you helped me when i had a SH tank i'll give them to you at $100 a polyp. Everyone else can get on the list, $125 a polyp.

ci11337

I can't even afford to joke about owning those, i could barely afford a bag of reef crystals last week. I saw them on zoaid today and thought i'd share. A colony of these probably costs more than my tank.

teresaq

I really bothers me sometime how all the really pretty ones are just so expensive. I know people pay a lot for them, but all the babies they put out are freebies. If people would share these at a lower price, more people could have them to grow.
I'm prob not making any sense, so I'll just say, I wish I could have just one polyp to grow out and share around.
T

ci11337

I know what you mean, The only reason i, (and i think most) reefers sell their frags full price is to try and take a dent out of the cost of this addiction.(without my frgas there would've been no salt in my tank last week.) It's healthier than crack and of course it's legal but reef keeping is a heck of a lot more expensive and it's just as addicting. seriously though, i can stop when ever i want...

teresaq

I hear you there. I just sold some so I can buy some new stuff for my tank. I just dont see 50 to 100 per polyp on some of the zoos, though I have paid 20.00.

T

fishygurl

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/2624421
I really bothers me sometime how all the really pretty ones are just so expensive. I know people pay a lot for them, but all the babies they put out are freebies. If people would share these at a lower price, more people could have them to grow.
I'm prob not making any sense, so I'll just say, I wish I could have just one polyp to grow out and share around.
T
Maybe if there were a bunch of people on SWF.com willing to chip in on the price of one polyp agreeing that ____ person would keep it in their tank, and would ship out a polyp to everyone that contributed to it when they originally bought it. just a thought.... if it worked and there was enough people willing to do it it would be fairly cheap to get them and we could all spread AMAZING zoos like that in all of our tanks and help out all hobbyists.

clown4life

Originally Posted by FishyGurl
http:///forum/post/2624456
Maybe if there were a bunch of people on SWF.com willing to chip in on the price of one polyp agreeing that ____ person would keep it in their tank, and would ship out a polyp to everyone that contributed to it when they originally bought it. just a thought.... if it worked and there was enough people willing to do it it would be fairly cheap to get them and we could all spread AMAZING zoos like that in all of our tanks and help out all hobbyists.
hey count me in lol

fishygurl

Originally Posted by Clown4Life
http:///forum/post/2624460
hey count me in lol
See already one person within 3 minutes!
i would be willing to contribute too if we had enough people to sign up for it, but i would have to wait for my tank to get set up and cycled before i would be able to get a frag of it. And i think if we did do something like this it should be someone we all know very well and can trust, and has stable tanks with a lot of fragging experience.

clownfish11

http:///forum/post/2624471
i would be willing to contribute too if we had enough people to sign up for it, but i would have to wait for my tank to get set up and cycled before i would be able to get a frag of it. And i think if we did do something like this it should be someone we all know very well and can trust, and has stable tanks with a lot of fragging experience.
Me Too..the only thing is trust...

fishygurl

so if i went in too that would be 4 people that said they would be in maybe 5 if clownfish11 trusts someone, but think of it if we had 10 people be in for it, it would be around 10$ for it that sounds like a REALLY good price to me, 20 people it would be around 5$ for one, i think this could work if we got someone that we could all trust, and already frags and stuff for people on here, maybe like reefkprz or someone like that? that is if they are up to it too. And the more people signed up for it the less money you would lose IF the polyp should die, which is why we would need someone with good tanks, that are stable, and know how to take care of beautiful frags like this.
Do you guys think this would be realistic?

knockout

http:///forum/post/2624471
you can count me in, I was thinking the same thing just before I read this!!! can I keep the first

ci11337

It's a good idea, but i see alot of potential bumps in the road.
what if the first person loses the coral? What if the coral never really multiplies? (my blastos haven't split in 3 years) There is an awful lot of "what if's" I can't be in anyway. softies never survive long in my tank. My last zoos died off a while ago. I think my LPS kill them somehow.