Netting fish

jwill275

Does anyone have any tricks they use to net fish in a heavily rocked DT? I have to capture my Hippo tang, ich
Thanks

S

saltman23

I had the same problem of getting my Hippo from my DT with a large amount of LR. I could not net him and had to end of using a "reef safe" treatment to treat the whole tank, which in my opinion did not work because my hippoe ended up dieing. Your best bet would be to remove all the rock.

reefmate75

yeah i know how to get all your fish out, only ones tht are a problem are the ones that are pick eaters, meaning they only eat what they find on the rocks
anyways i cut the to[p off a 2 liter battle and cleaned it out real good with water no soap and put it in the tank and just left it there, i started feeding the with the food inside the bottle i put their food in a small cat toy thing that had a rattle in it and took that out and put food in it and dropped it in the bottle, the fish got used to it and fininally they will go in there as soon as i drop the food in, and then i just pull the bottle up with the pice of fishing line i have in there, took me about 2 hours to get all my fish out, and about 45 minets of that was tring to get the angle out that wouldnt go near that bottle ever
was 23 fish BTW