New 10 gallon

jake15

Been working on this 10 gallon nano for a bit now.
AC 110 turned into a ref.
96 watt quad light
~ 20 lbs of live rock
various softies
Plan to add some sps once its ages more, a skimmer, pair of clowns and maybe a sump.

Q

qn5

nice!!!!! I was thinking about doing the same thing to my AC. Can you post more pics of your ref? any advise?

petjunkie

The 110 intake is too long for a ten gallon. Just curious, how did you cut the AC lid? I'm doing pretty much the same setup but haven't set up the fuge yet and don't want to take the lid off completely, but don't want to break the lid cutting it.

jake15

I cut everything using a dremel tool with a standard cutting disk.
I didnt cycle it because it was all stuff taken from my 75
I am going to add some clowns tonight will post pictures of them.
On the AC 110, a lot of people put two baffles and put the heater in between them. But i wanted more space for my ref. So i just put one baffle in and stuck the heater long ways in the back of the filter

jake15

ya, i would like to say i came up with that idea :thinking: but i didnt
. I added my clowns, cleaner shrimp, snails, and some hermits tonight

S

supermanvx

would you please post a picture of the aquaclear modification. Thanks

jake15

All i did was pull the basket out, put a baffle in two keep the sand from getting in the pump and added live rock rubble and cheato. If this doesnt answer your question then let me know

S

supermanvx

looks good, great job...i myself will be doing the same thing. Thanks

poop_head

I have a AC 300 would that work with the conversion and would it be to much for like a 10-20 gallon nano? I noticed on the other site it said you can switch impellers can you do that with a 300 to lower down water flow?

jake15

Originally Posted by blondie_00
i love the bottle..how did you do that?

My buddy brought it back to me from Mexico and i just superglued some starpolyps on it.