New 125 gal tank question

fla. keys

Hello,
I just bought a new all-glass 125 gal tank. Here is my question for you all??????
I brought the tank home over the weekend and was taking a damp cloth to the inside to clean out the dust that was on the inside glass.
While doing so I noticed a small loose pellet of glass (about the size of a pea) just laying on the bottom. Of course I panicked when I noticed it.
I then went all around the tank to see where this pice may have come from. I could not visibly see any area damaged.
My question is has anyone ever noticed when bringing home a new tank, a small piece of loose broken glass?
Should I be concerned with this, or would you just forget about it?
Thank you.

predator

If you can see no visiable damage then it's probably ok. Where did you get it? There is no telling what could have happened around the tank before you got it. But the leak check sounds likje a good idea. I mean better safe than sorry.

von_rahvin

i agree a leak check is a great thing. i do that to every tank i have ever bought. that way if something is wrong . . . . . .

fla. keys

Thanks for the quick response,
I have filled it up on Sunday, and while it has only been 2 days since filling it, I do not notice any water under my stand or on my carpets. Guess this is a good sign.
Is it possible it was just like someone said, from the shop where they make the tanks and just got in during packaging the tank for shipping?