New 125 with internal skimmers???

I just purchased a 125 gal. tank that already has 2 internal skimmers, now i need to set up a wet/dry filter underneath. Any suggestions on brands or other accessories i will need. I have been searching and not sure i can hook up both internal skimmers to the filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sw65galma

dont get "surface skimmers" (overflows) confused with Protein Skimmers...2 totally different things...and you need both...

They are surface skimmers , i dont have a pic yet will post one when i get it. But it's 2 black boxes on the inside of the tank permanetly attached with holes for tubing. I will also get a protein skimmer, just dont know what kind of wet/dry filter to purchase (brand/type, etc.) Thank you for your input. %

tom31cm

I have a 120 Gallon tank. I bought the Remora AquaC PRO W the rio1400, Cost $214.00 plus shipping. It came highly recommended by a survey on this forum. It hangs on the back of the Tank. I am very pleased with it. You do not have to mess around with any adjustment. Regards Tom C. :happyfish

sw65galma

Originally Posted by michelle9491
Thanks Tom. I have heard that is a good one, do you have any suggestions about a wet/dry filter?

The Amiracles are nice..

sw65galma

Originally Posted by Adamc1303
What's a surface skimmer?
The top of the overflow (the little grates) are called "surface skimmers" because they only grab the water from the top.

Finally found out all the info on my new tank, its a AGA with Megaflow Overflow System. Has anyone every had one of these? If so what kind of filter setup was used? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I'm so ecited and want to start getting it ready, just dont know what would be the best way to set it up.

nymustang7

This weekend at my local pet store a guy told me that a couple of star fish can replace your skimmer.Is that true?

kingspade

just build a sump/refugium out of a glass or acrylic tank, it will save you a couple hundred dollars heres a pic of mine

adamc1303

If money isn't an issue I would go with an oceanic model 3 sump. It is the strongest galass sump, it comes predrilled with 3 bulkheads, and it has allot of space inside to do all most anything.

Money is kinda an issue at the moment, we just bought a house which needs work and all I want to do is spend the money on my aquarium! Got my priorities straight! The only fish I have that will be in the tank is a lion, grouper, and lobster. Thats it. Maybe one day I'll get something else, but thats all I want for now. Has anyone ever tried a 125 GAL ELITE SERIES WET/DRY FILTER COMPLETE w/ pre-filter, with a Surge 3500 pump? I know going the cheap way is not the best, but when we start moving I dont want to set up my 55 in the new house and have to turn around and tear it down then set up the 125. I just want something that will work for a couple of months until I can get what I really want. Any suggestions?? Thanks for all you guys input!!

tom31cm

Originally Posted by michelle9491
Thanks Tom. I have heard that is a good one, do you have any suggestions about a wet/dry filter?
Hello Michelle,
I have an oversized 200 gallon wet dry with a double bulk-head pre filter. I bought it on E-- - -. Together with the AquaC Remora I added a UV in the sump. I do 20% water changes every week and I have Excellent water Quality and am running all zeros with ammonia, nitrates, phosphates. This is a fish only tank. Sorry I took so long to answer.
Regards TOM C. :happyfish