New 125

jumpfrog

Well I finally got the canopy built and my shipment of live rock arrived. 50lbs of awesome carribean for $153 delivered. Tank is cycling with LR die-off and a shrimp for good measure. Now comes the wait but I thought I would share the first photos with y'all.

T

thomas712

Looks real nice. Was that shrimp cooked or uncooked? cocktail or prawn, just curious because I'm going out tonight to put one in my tank. Added the salt and a bag of southdown tonight, can't see a thing.
Thomas

jumpfrog

Currently have a volitans, picasso, SFE, and a valentini in my 46 aggressive. I'm setting this up for all of them to move into. They're still smallish but I know they would outgrown the 46. Also plan to add a couple more but can't decide what. I'm leaning towards a lunare wrasse, foxface or kole or sailfin for algea control, perhaps a harlequin tusk, and maybe a niger trigger.
Still can't decide. Any thoughts out there on my possibles?
I've installed a sump rated for 200 gallon and plan on an oversized skimmer as well because I know I want to push the bioload up a little.
Grouperhead, glad to see ya back, keep figuring I'd run into you at Gordon's sooner or later. I'm happy with the rock too. Right now it's just laying in there to cycle. Plan on decorating completely different from current setup.

jumpfrog

Nope on the LR. Plan to create a reef head with all the rock to one side sloping down to sand. Then have a large open area for fish to swim.
At least that's the plan. If it winds up not looking right I'll add a piece of rock at a time.:rolleyes: