New 14 gallon BioCube

volitan_fa

Hey all...it's been a while since I've been on this forum...moving and such. Well I've just got an Oceanic BioCube 14 and set it up and I thought I would share a few pics. I'm open to suggestions for corals to keep in it and any other tips on scaping ;)

She's PISSED she can't get into this one! Haha...

Oh she wants it sooo badly...

Anyways...give me some ideas guys and gals! Thanks much!

katiev

Aww, how cute. She looks very perplexed in the last picture. I would add a little more rock. Once you start putting corals in there, you'll want the extra space to cover with zoos and other fun stuff.

unsung

Looks like it's coming along nicely. I agree with katiev about adding more rock. Other than that it looks great. Pretty cat too

I love how those "Stealth" heaters are all black except the bright

[hr]
red switch! I was trying to disguise mine just the other night!

zj4play

I have a 29 Biocube and actually put my heater in the back with the filter...it hides it and the temp in the tank stays pretty constant too.

I'm still using the drop in carbon filter (stock) with my 14 gallon...there's absolutely no room to put the heater in the back. Kinda sucks to have to have a heater in plain view!

volitan_fa

Yeah....my heater is actually BARELY too tall to be put in the "sump" part.
I am going to be getting more rock....a good 15 lbs or so I think. I need some high quality stuff for the remaining space, so I'm on the look out. The only problem is that there are NO lfs around me, so browsing means driving at least an hour (or three) to get to a place that even knows what saltwater is. Ahhhhh sad...

volitan_fa

So my calcium is a little high...about 520 ppm. How can you bring this down? I'm not dosing any in...
Rest are:
pH:8.3
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Temp: 81 F

aztec reef

you better watch that kitty!! i can read his mind on the top pic. he's trying to figure out how to open the tank's lid and go fishing!! :happyfish
btw, looking good!

aztec reef

volitan_fa said:
So my calcium is a little high...about 520 ppm. How can you bring this down? I'm not dosing any in...
it will come down on its own, as long as you're not adding any other form of calcium/carbonate to tank.

volitan_fa

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
you better watch that kitty!! i can read his mind on the top pic. he's trying to figure out how to open the tank's lid and go fishing!! :happyfish
btw, looking good!

Funny thing is she doesn't really like to try and catch the fish. With the other tank she would just sit and watch the fish swim, then jump up on top and DRINK the water.... Weird cat

aztec reef

the reason why i mention it is because i have a friend that has a cat. and he has went fishing before and kiled a fish. he would sit on top of tank and at the right time he would stick hes paws through the top of tank (where there is an opening) so i just recomend to keep an eye on her..

volitan_fa

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
the reason why i mention it is because i have a friend that has a cat. and he has went fishing before and kiled a fish. he would sit on top of tank and at the right time he would stick hes paws through the top of tank (where there is an opening) so i just recomend to keep an eye on her..

Oh yea...I always am watching this one! She's mischevious.