new 265 gallon

emmitt

Very nice but id get rid of those powerheads and get 2 or 3 big ones instead of all those little ones.

key00west

Naso Tang, Yellow Tang, Scopes Tang, Blue Tang, Two GS Maroons, 2 blue chromies, Marine Betta, bi-color Blennie, Fairy Wrasse, Flame Angel, Bar Goby, Sargaum Trigger, Blue throat Trigger, two Cardinals, and way to many corals to list :)

wangotango

what are the dimensions of the tank? looks good
i agree, with all those dinky powerheads, you might as well get some big ones or maybe one of those tunze boxes.

moby

u stink i hate u ( sorry just jelous)(sp)
Yeah, what he said!

Really nice! Beautiful tank!
Moby

key00west

the tank is 8' long 3' high 3' deep, those power heads are hooked up to a wave maker. and there are 4-150w MH's, 4-110w Tri-cromatic VHO's, 2-96w PC, 2-46w PC

philgmiami

Originally Posted by Key00west
the tank is 8' long 3' high 3' deep, those power heads are hooked up to a wave maker. and there are 4-150w MH's, 4-110w Tri-cromatic VHO's, 2-96w PC, 2-46w PC
sorry but that tank dosent look 3 feet high and 3 feet wide :thinking: .. i believe a tank thats 8x3x3 would be over 300 gallons :notsure: ....
..anyone else know the gallons of a 8x3x3?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by philgmiami
sorry but that tank dosent look 3 feet high and 3 feet wide :thinking: .. i believe a tank thats 8x3x3 would be over 300 gallons :notsure: ....
..anyone else know the gallons of a 8x3x3?
Those dimensions would figure out to 500 plus gallons.

sw65galma

Tunze has a wavemaker as well...
They do in the 1000's of gallons per hour and only use a tiny amount of power.
So it'd look better and only use 1/2 the power and get 2x the flow you are getting out of those..
Still looks good though.

120reefer

Yep, 96x36x36 your lookin at about 525gal tank
I think ya slipped a digit there. most of the 265's ive seen are 96x24x28. Still a beautiful tank none the less tho

key00west

Originally Posted by 120reefer
Yep, 96x36x36 your lookin at about 525gal tank
I think ya slipped a digit there. most of the 265's ive seen are 96x24x28. Still a beautiful tank none the less tho

sorry for the slip in numbers but no need to raise up any flags, 8x2x3

emmitt

Nope! Keep trying

8x2x3= 360 gallons not 265
Even with 10(wow!!!) powerheads its not 8x2x3, maybe 8x2x2

cowfishrule

i dunno
i kind of like the idea of all those powerheads.
that would really keep the water swishing in all different directions.

emmitt

You can do the same thing with afew bigger ones. The idea seems ok ,but to me, it looks like the invasion of the MJ-400's, jmo. Not to mention, 10 extra cords to plug in :scared:

oceana

getting very confussed here. nice tank an all but if its yours dont ya know what size it is?
i also agree about the power heads. gotta go. talk about heating the water and a total waste of power. you could placetwo tunz in there and move more water for less money,less heat,less cluter.
BTW in case you want to know the tank is 2 feet wide. from the side shot i can assure you that it is not 3 feet.
GL to ya