**NEW 46gal REEF**

boogaman

It has 70 lbs live rock, IceCap 250 Watt Metal Halide with 20K Radium
Bulb and SpiderLight Reflector, sump/fuge, and cpr bak pak skimmer

ginarox

i am not sure,,,but that is alot of live rock,,,keep us posted on your progress,,,looken good...have a great day..

E

emeralcrab

I have HOB cpr skimmers and I am not to impressed with them. What I have found is they are noisey. I am working at trying to adjust them so they skim better. My lfs recommended them to me.

boogaman

I thought of that too, but I dont have a sand bed in the main tank so I figured I would make a rock bottom instead of live sand so I could frag zoos, rics much better just by placing them on the rocks, the rubble does the same thing in the main tank as it would in the fuge.....
:notsure:
wouldnt it? The CPR skimmer is actually kicking @$$, very simple to use and maintenace is easy and it seems to pull alot of goo :joy:
P.S Im going to move all of my corals into this tank SLOWLY so I will have a reef tank and a FOWLR tank

wangotango

did the skimmer come with a rio powerhead? if it did toss it and get a maxijet 900 with a venturi attachment. i wasnt to impressed with my old cpr skimmer, but since your tank is smaller than mine you'll probably have better luck with it.

ravennreef

get a maxijet 1200 not a 900, works great on my tank. Just make sure you buy one with the venturi attachment. Good little skimmer for tanks under 50 gallons. Great looking tank. The more rock the better.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by BOOGAMAN
I dont have a sand bed in the main tank
thats the 1rst question I was going to ask when I saw the rock. sustrate free is really cool. Just make sure you dont put any fish in there you might want to take out later. god forbid a mantis

use dgs

that may actually look slick with all that rock once it is established. Put some corals on all that rock!

boogaman

well here is the water parimeters
magnesium-1140
PH-8.0,8.2
nitrate->20
nitrite-0
ammonia-0
calcium-445
kh & alk-10.2 - 3.66
phosphate-0.6
salinity-1.022
almost good (cuolple water changes away)
I will post some more pics today

anonome

Hey boogaman, the tank is coming along good. The open brain is adjusting well....glad to see that. How is the mushroom rock doing? Can't see that. Thanks for sharing. ***)