New 5 gal tank pics

maxweljames

I've got a bowfront 5. It's called a Galaxy 5 not an Eclipse 5. But it's all the same company. Mine is not as nice looking as this one though, excelent job CBSHARK

cbshark

Thanks everyone for your comments! I have put alot of time and effort into this tank, ask my wife, she says too much. But she loves it all the same. I have the tank in our new baby's room. I can't wait till she's big enough to enjoy it.
Also, it is the galaxy 5 model like you said. I have been doing water changes with distilled water for the past month or so and it really makes a huge difference from tap water. my cyano problem has completely gone away and all my livestock has taken off. I'm probably going to have to start fragging real soon. I've already cut my xenias down 2 or 3 times. Those things are like a weed!
P.S. here is a picture of the beneficiary of my labor, our 2 week old little girl, Marley.
5 Gallon galaxy
Tomato Clown
Watchman Goby
Pulsing xenia
Candycane coral
Finger leather coral
Devil's hand coral
Colt coral
Umbrella coral
Condylactis anemone
Star polyps
Grape caulerpa
Money plant
Brown polyps
Green polyps
Green mushrooms
Red mushrooms
7 lbs +/- liverock
32 watt 50/50 power compact
2 mini powerheads
Galaxy(eclipse) filter

gesswhosbak

Nice tank man! If you dont mind I'd like to get with you one day. I am about to set up a five gallon also and I could use some advice.

cbshark

Hey gesswhosbak, i'd be happy to chat with you. Let me know when you get ready and I can give you a hand with anything I can. These tanks are fairly easy to maintain as long as you have patience, decent experience with the complexities of saltwater tanks and the time to give to the ups and downs associated with getting such a small tank stable. This message board has been an invaluable tool in getting the results I have.

wrassecal

First things first - congrats on a beautiful baby:D
Your nano is awesome. How long have you had it up and going?
I've been thinking about one for work. I've got some shrooms and polyps and such that I could frag out of the 135 and I really miss my tank when I'm at work.

cbshark

Thanks for the compliments. I've had the tank up and running for about 4-5 months now. It's been a blast getting it going, but now everything is sprouting so much, it's almost out of control! I need to do some serious fragging and trimming of my algae. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if I can frag these corals I have in my tank. Mainly the finger leather and colt.