New 55 aggressive questions!!!!!!!!!!

moray345

I have a 55 gallon tank. I want to turn it into a aggressive tank but have some filtration and stocking questions.
here is my list:
Snowflake Moray
Valentini Puffer
and some type of trigger
Is this to much? adn what kind of trigger would work?
Thanks,
Moray345

neptunus

I am in the same situation, filtration, I use an emporer400 with a seaclone 100 and seems to be doing fine

vanos

I have a 55G tank too and own a hawaiian puffer, a niger trigger and a yellow tang. Also many inverts. That's pretty much it for me. As far as triggers, you could get a bursa, niger and/or a picasso. Maybe a bluethroat.

nicetry

Long term, any trigger would need a bigger tank. 55's simply are not large tanks and triggers are fairly large and active fish. Crowd them, particularly with other fish and the aggression could be intense. In a species only tank, with perhaps one fish, an undulate would be a consideration. I wouldn't plan to keep any other trigger in a 55 for life.
The eel, puffer, maybe a hawkfish or large maroon clown would be cool. Another often overlooked fish are the hamlets. Colorful and a good mix for a smaller aggressive tank.

nicetry

With an undulate, anything else in the tank is at risk. Undulates, IMO, do best when kept by themselves. They are, for the most part, nasty fish that don't like anything else in their vicinity. I don't think I'd put a snowflake eel at risk.
Lighting isn't a main concern. Filtration should be heavy given the waste. I'd throw a decent skimmer on the tank and have some serious flow to keep waste moving and allow the skimmer to pick it up.

moray345

Revied List (thanks to nicetry):
Snowflake Moray
Valentini Puffer
Giant Clown Hawkfish
How's that sound?

J

jcrim

You could add another fish to that list if you get a protein skimmer. How about a harlequin tusk, large damsel, tomato clown or dwarf lionfish?

kdfrosty

Harlequin Tusk?!? IMO I would not even consider this fish for a 55g, or any tank for that matter.