new 55 gallon tank

andy51632

Originally Posted by Darknes
water

Then live rock, some powerheads and a heater. I would recommend at least 60lbs of it. This will start your cycle. Get some test kits, test for nitrite, ammonia, and nitrate. When nitrite and ammonia go down to 0 you are ready for some fish, or cleaning crew. Until then do some research on what a 55gal tank can hold as far as fish, corals. Decide what you want. Figure out if you can afford the equiptment for what you want. Ask a lot more questions.

nick76

I really think you should start by picking up a book on saltwater keeping and asking alot more questions here after u have a basis knowledge, alot of people here have 500+ posts before they add their 1st fish.
Just remember to Research research research!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by arod268
alright i just got a new 55 gallon tank what should i put in there
Welcome to SWF
Please read around this site. What do you have in the tank now? Have you filled it with SW? What substrate do you have? What equipment is on the tank? Please tell us all about the tank. This is not a hobby to rush with. Please ask any and all questions that you may have.

J

jamparty

Originally Posted by Nick76
I really think you should start by picking up a book on saltwater keeping and asking alot more questions here after u have a basis knowledge, alot of people here have 500+ posts before they add their 1st fish.
Just remember to Research research research!
roger that!

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by Tarball
I put $1600 bucks into my 55g aquarium & i have no fish yet. So what was your question again?

im in the exact same boat you are!!

jessica47421

yeah i recomend the book i have a 55 i have invested Alot of money into bc i didnt do alot of research in the beginning got fish and had to start over with the live stock. good luck

jdinger29

I would suggest these two books:
The New Marine Aquarium by Michael Paletta
and/or
The Conscience Marine Aquarist
by R.Fenner
Both are informative and fun/easy to read...
Good Luck!