new 58 gallon rr journal

redman1221

Originally Posted by wifishman1
i just picked my new tank on sunday.
now im starting a new journal. so here's some pics.
nice tank I love mines.
Here are some pic of mines.

maxalmon

Have you decided what type of tank your going to setup. What type of lighting, equipment etc....Congrats on the new tank

maxalmon

Have you decided what type of tank your going to setup. What type of lighting, equipment etc....Congrats on the new tank

wifishman1

ejensen-no, i got a black "hangup" background.
maxalmon- im getting the megaflow sump with 850 gph return pump, 250w mh with actinic and leds, two more powerheads, and lots of lr/ls.
GeoJ- thx i love it in the cold wi days.....

any ideas at all are much welcomed.
matt

wifishman1

well, i got a 270 gph powersweep. thats it so far. im trying to get $ to get my sump/pump. those darn things are expensive.
but im planning on getting the aga model 3 sump and a 850 gph pump.

I would definately paint the back of the tank black if you can, because if any saltwater gets between the background and the glass it looks crappy :)

maxalmon

I would agree on background, the covers look good for a while,t hen some sale creeps in and a pain to clean. I'd use some black enamel and paint the back, but that's just me....

hefner413

Originally Posted by wifishman1
http:///forum/post/2467372
well, i got a 270 gph powersweep. thats it so far. im trying to get $ to get my sump/pump. those darn things are expensive.
but im planning on getting the aga model 3 sump and a 850 gph pump.

sumps are expensive, but a sump's a sump for the most part. if you have the time and energy, making a sump isn't too hard and will save a ton of cash. and you can custom it as you want. and it doesn't have to look real pretty since it's under the tank. all that said, if I could afford it, I'd buy a nice one myself... if I could afford it.